Because privacy matters
Ellimetal wishes to respect your privacy as much as possible and therefore it's of great importance to us to protect your personal data. In this privacy statement we want to provide clear and transparent information about what data we collect and how we handle personal data.
Ellimetal complies in all cases with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation. This means, among other things, that we at least:
- ask for your explicit consent if we need it or wish for the processing of your personal data;
- process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided (these purposes and type of personal data are described in this privacy statement;
- limit the processing of your personal data to only those data that are at least necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- not pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the execution of the purposes for which they were provided;
- be aware of your rights regarding your personal data, wish to point this out to you and respect them.
If, after reading our privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have questions about this or wish to contact us, you can do this via the contact details below:
Telephone: +32 11 610161
Our use of collected data
Use of our services
When you sign up for one of our services, we may ask you to provide personal information. Where appropriate, the information provided is used to provide the corresponding service. Such data is stored on Ellimetal's own secure servers. We will not combine this information with other personal information that we have.
When you send an email or other messages to us, we may keep those messages. Sometimes we ask you for personal information that is relevant to the situation in question. This makes it possible to process your questions and answer your requests.
Why do we process personal data
Your personal data is processed by Ellimetal for the following purposes and legal grounds:
- processing quotation requests;
- handling contracts;
- handling vacancies and applications;
- informing about our activities and services.
For the purposes stated above, we may request / store / collect / process the following personal data from you:
- Personal identity data such as eg. name, first name, address, telephone number, e-mail,…
- Identity data such as eg. identity card number, national register number,…
- Personal characteristics such as eg. gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality,…
We can provide the data you provide to us to third parties if this is necessary for the implementation of the purposes described above. Unless this is legally required and / or permitted, we never pass on your personal data to parties with whom we have not concluded a processing agreement. In a processor agreement, we make the necessary arrangements to ensure the security of your personal data in the same way as would apply to Ellimetal.
If you give us (written) permission for this, we can still share your personal data with third parties in another way. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing for its withdrawal.
Security of the data
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing, so we have taken the following measures;
- All persons who can access your data on behalf of Ellimetal are bound by confidentiality.
- We have a username and password policy on all our systems.
- We make backups of the personal data in order to be able to restore them in the event of physical or technical incidents.
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures.
- Our employees have been informed about the importance of protecting personal data.
Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to inspect and to correct or delete the personal data that we have received from you. At the top of this privacy statement is how you can contact us. You also have the right to have the information provided by you transferred by us to another party mentioned by you. In order to prevent misuse, we will ask you to identify yourself adequately.
You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or part thereof).
Ellimetal does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law. If you have any questions about the retention period of specific data, please contact GDPR@ellimetal.com (+32 11 610161).
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us directly. You always have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Commission, which is the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.
Change privacy statement
Ellimetal can change its privacy statement at any time. We will make an announcement of this change on our website. The last change is stated in this privacy statement. Older versions are stored in our archive. Send us an e-mail if you want to consult it.
Use of ‘cookies’.
During a visit to the website, cookies can be stored on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is a text file placed by a website server in your computer’s browser or on your mobile device, whenever you visit a website. Cookies cannot be used to identify people, a cookie can only identify a machine.
Mention what type of cookies are used and for what purpose:
- ‘First-party cookies’ are technical cookies that are used by the visited site itself and that are intended to enable the site to function optimally. Example: settings adjusted by the user during previous visits, or: a form with data previously completed by the user during prior visits.
- ‘Third-party cookies’ are cookies that do not originate from the website itself, but from third parties, e.g., marketing or advertising plug-ins. (For example, Facebook or Google Analytics cookies. For such cookies the visitor to the website must first give consent, which can take place through a bar at the top or bottom of the website, with reference to said policy, which nonetheless does not prevent further browsing on the website.
You can adjust the settings on your Internet browser so that cookies are not accepted, that you receive a warning whenever a cookie is installed or that the cookies are subsequently removed from your hard drive. You can do this through your browser’s settings (using the help function). Do take into account that specific graphic elements may not appear correctly or that you will be unable to use specific applications.